Niacin has a wide range of cardiovascular benefits, and helps promote bone health, blood sugar balance, and cerebrovascular function. However, the high doses of niacin needed to obtain these benefits cause many patients to experience flushing.
A properly manufactured, sustained-release niacin, like the one found in this formula, helps prevent this side effect. Time Release Niacin uses a proprietary, natural wax-matrix coating technology to slowly release Niacin over a seven to eight hour period to reduce flushing. In clinical trials, this specific formulation resulted in only 5-7% of subjects experiencing flushing.
- Promotes healthy high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels. No other nutrient or compound has been shown to be as effective in supporting healthy HDL levels.
- Maintains healthy lipid particle size, which is an important yet under-appreciated marker of cardiovascular function. Niacin is the most effective agent known for supporting a normal cholesterol pattern.
- Supports healthy triglycerides levels. Niacin is especially effective when taken with fish oil (at doses of 1,500-3,000 mg of EPA/DHA daily).
- Supports normal very low-density lipoprotein (VLDL) particles.
- Supports healthy lipoprotein(a), or Lp(a) levels. No other treatment approaches the power of niacin to promote healthy Lp(a) levels, another important markers of heart health.
- Promotes low-density lipoprotein (LDL) balance
Does Not Contain: Gluten, corn, yeast, artificial colors and flavors.